Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 323: Being silent and still...


Gratitude seems to be the word these days.  So much of what I see, read and hear is all about being grateful for the lives we have.  Aside from so many other things, this morning I was grateful to have some quite time with Sophie hiking up in Chautauqua Park, just the two of us.  I had my camera (hey, it's still a photo blog) but I took very few photos.  It was nice being out there with my favorite hiking buddy, being silent and still, stopping often just to look around and taking it all in and reflecting on all the things I'm so grateful for.  Yeah, today is turning out to be one of those days where I just have to set everything aside, stop fighting with the world and enjoy the wonderful things around me and the peaceful moments of contentment.   

No comments:

Post a Comment