Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 321: Same thing, different day...

You'd think with it being a Friday I'd be all peachy keen jelly bean but the funk knows not the days of the week.  Unfortunately it's the same story just a different day.  Julie was suppose to come home today after visiting her ill father for the second time.  Things were looking much better for him, not just physically but also for his general well being.  It was originally thought he'd be home by now and Julie would be on a plane heading home herself.  But unfortunately more interventions by those who seek personal gain at the expense of others, especially of a man who's time with us is getting shorter by the day, has put our family plans on hold....Again. 

I know this isn't about me but sitting on the sidelines without the opportunity to get in there and make a difference is driving me nuts.  The best I can do is pray and provide emotional support to a situation that's wrought with high voltage, irrational behavior.  What kind of woman refuses to allow her husband to return to his home to live out his days in peace?  Apparently a good Christian woman and her self-righteous, bible thumping daughter.  And these same two people continue to set up barricades between this man and his REAL children.  Cinderella, honey, you lived a charmed life compared to what's going on in So Cal. 

But Thanksgiving is next week and there is still much to be thankful for.  Even though my Julie won't be here to celebrate it with me, she will be there to celebrate it with her father.  There are still loving friends and family in our lives that bring a brilliance to each day.  I see happy reunions and new additions to families posted on Facebook and it does warm my heart to see so much joy.  We all experience challenges in our lives and this is just one of them.  Guess this one just hurts a little more than the others because it's family.  I know we'll come out of this stronger and wiser.  I really can't bring myself to hate anyone.  All I can do is keep them in my prayers and hope for a time when cooler heads and warmer hearts will prevail. 

I told myself I wouldn't listen to any Christmas music until after Thanksgiving but given the current circumstances I think I'll lift my ban on early holiday music.  Maybe I'll pop in the "Holiday Inn" DVD and get my cheer on.

No comments:

Post a Comment