Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 212: Wilting and blooming...


Our sunflowers are just now starting to bloom and many of our perennials that have graced our yard since spring are starting to pack it in for the season.  Guess that means we're officially heading into the latter part of summer.  I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't a bit anxious for fall and especially winter.  I know many of my friends would smack me for speaking such sacrilege, hoping for the early demise of summer but walking by my snowboard every day as it hangs in my garage gets me longing for the cold breeze against my face as I glide down the pristine slopes of Breckenridge.  Yeah, I'm always preaching about staying in the moment, about appreciating what's in front of you but I can't help looking forward to the chilly days, the crunching snow under my feet and the red cups at Starbucks.  How many days till Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment