Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 205: Carmel, a beach, a new beginning...


It's hard to believe it was seven years ago today that we stood on the sandy beach of Carmel, promising ourselves to each other.  No elaborate ceremony.  No large scale production.  Just a small gathering of family and friends to celebrate our new beginning.

Life with you has been everything I dreamed of and more.  We've experienced the peaks and valleys of life together.  Some might think it odd that I would look fondly upon the difficulties in life but what is life without an obstacle or two?  It's those bumps that make us appreciate the smooth roads so much more.  It's the challenges we face together that make us stronger in our love as well as our devotion and appreciation for each other.  Don't get me wrong, I don't wake up hoping for some major catastrophe but I do wake up content and happy knowing that whatever life throws at us, we'll deal with it together. 

With you life is once again exciting and sometimes just a little terrifying but it was Eleanor Roosevelt who once said, "Do one thing everyday that scares you."  You've encouraged me to look beyond my fears and inhibitions and embrace what life gives me.  You've taught me to be a part of life and to look for the paths less traveled.  I look forward to each and every new day with you and the journey we take together. 

Happy Anniversary!

I love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment