Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 192: And then he said...

(Google Image provided by journeytolife.aldinhrvat.com)

It's no secret I love movies and I've been known on occasion to ramble on with movie dialogue. Hell I can practically sing the entire sound track to "Jesus Christ Superstar". Don't worry I'll spare you the aggravation. But over the years I've collected a number of my favorite quotes. Some of them I like just because they're cool or funny or they remind me of a great scene in a movie. Others have more meaning for me because they say something about life. Man, I just wish I could come up with stuff as original and profound.
So here are some of my favorites. I'll let you guess what movies they're from. My movie buff buddies will surly get most if not all of them.

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'." (hint, Day 128)
"Never underestimate the power of denial."
"You have nothing in your hands. Any power you have comes to you from far beyond..."
"Earn this..."
"I've got nowhere else to go!"
"I'm wearing the wedding dress which you picked out!" (that was just a funny scene)
"I don't want you to say anything, I don't NEED you to say anything."
"What do you think you see? The smashed body of a retched animal?"
"Take the TICKET!"
"You want me on that wall. You NEED me on that wall."
"Keep you friends close but keep you enemies closer." (that's a no-brainer)
"I have been and always shall be your friend."
"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." (that was the scene that made me like Julia Roberts)
"I've got people skills!"
Dialogue - "They're idiots".."They've all been knighted".."Then it's official."
"You lose this game, you'll take it to your f'ing grave!" (not from a movie, an actual quote from a famous hockey coach)

It's a safe bet the moment I hit "Publish" I'll remember a dozen other quotes but this is what came to mind. I'm sure you've got some of your own favorites.  Pass them along, I'd love to hear 'em.  






No comments:

Post a Comment