Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 198: "They call it stormy Monday..."


Storm pics seem to be a recurring theme for me. Gotta love Colorado summers. Don't know if it's the raw power, the danger or the pure beauty of Mother Nature's unbridled fury but something about storms both frightens and excites me. I can remember living in Virginia as a kid running outside in the middle of an explosive summer downpour being excited and scared shitless all at the same time. Pure exhilaration!

Well I was hoping/thinking I might head up to the mountains to get some awesome pics but unfortunately my two little rat dogs don't do well with thunder so I'll hang with them tonight. Mama's on a road trip to Idaho and Oregon so I get to play nurse maid to the four-legged chilin's.  Well, there's always tomorrow.

Bring on the fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment