Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 207: Cool it!


I'm over Summer.  That's right, I said it.  Yeah, you folks living in perpetual balmy 80 degree temps or those that enjoy the frequent cooling rainfall will say, "not so fast!".  Well not me.  Living in constant 90+ degree temps, with smatterings of triple digit days of hell fire has really lost it's luster.  Summer, you're a relative that's overstayed their welcome.  So pack your sunblock and beach towel and hit the road. 

I know I've complained about our local weather people before but come on!  Yesterday they said there would be a 50% chance of heavy rain throughout the day, starting at 10AM with constant cloud coverage.  Well, my idea of constant cloud coverage usually means there's an actual cloud in the sky.  Maybe they think clouds are really blue in color, I don't know.  Clouds didn't start rolling in until around 4 in the afternoon and the first drops of rain didn't fall until around 10:00 last night.  Hey, well I guess they were only off by a mere 12 hours. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the heat if I'm lying out by the pool or at the beach.  I even like working out in the heat but heat in any other circumstance is just unbearable.  I really don't know how the folks in Texas or the southeast states handle it.  If I lived there I would've killed myself years ago.  This year we've had unbearable heat beginning back in May.  You would've thought living at altitude the temps would've been a bit cooler but not so.  We've had nothing but 90 and 100 degree temperatures since mid Spring.  Sure, I think a couple times the temps actually dipped into the 80s but those days lasted as long as a fart in the wind.  A hot wind, mind you. 

I just don't like too much of any one thing.  Well, maybe with the exception of wine.  I like things in moderation.  I need balance in my life.  Mama Nature, if you're gonna fry my ass all day, is it too much to ask for a nice, cool afternoon shower every now and then?  I tell ya, sweetheart, you're acting like a woman scorned and it's not a good look for you.  I really can't wait for Winter.  Heck, just blow past Fall, I'm over it.  Give me cold.  I can always throw on more clothes.  When it's hot I can only get so naked and after that it's just plain miserable, and slightly awkward for those around me.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your "digging the dog a path in the snow" rant again!

    ReplyDelete