Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 190: Really??

YEAH!  I climbed Mt. Everest!  It was awesome.  No supplemental oxygen, no Sherpas, no extra gear other than my CamelBak and my camera.  I so rocked that Tibetan mountain.  I don't know what the big deal is.  I mean, I had my Gatorade and my gel caps.  Ate a peanut butter sandwich on the summit.  We started at 6:30 and made it to the top by 9:00 and that was taking our time, enjoying the scenery and taking pictures.  Why does everyone make such a big deal about climbing Everest.  You've climbed one mountain, you've climbed them all. 

This is all true, folks.  Really, I wouldn't lie to you.  Trust me.  We all know that anything you read, see or hear on the internet HAS to be true, right?  Ok, I guess I'm being a little smarmy right now.  Just a small piece of advice, if you read, see or hear anything that seems outrageous or unbelievable, it just might be.  Before you go off on a tangent, check on it first.  Do a little research to see if what you just witnessed on the internet is in fact true. 

Now to set the record straight, no I didn't ascend Mt. Everest but I did ascend Mt. Sherman with my daughter Nicole.  What a great day.  Just wish the weather on the summit would've cooperated but at least I was there to see her do her first 14er.  Now I need to get Sam and Julie up there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment