Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 188: For Julie...

Happy Birthday, my love!  I know this is your special day but I can't help but feel I'm the one getting all the gifts.  Hard to believe it was only a little over eight years ago you came into my life and it's safe to say every day since then has been a wonderful adventure.

I know you're not big on celebrations that center around you.  And unfortunately you're married to someone who pretty much sucks at putting on a good show.  Heck, even gift wrapping is like going to the dentist for me.  But I hope you know that even with all my shortcomings, I love you more each and every day of my life.  I've been so blessed to be able to share my life with you.  You've open my mind and my heart to so many wonderful things.  You've given me hope when I felt there was none.  You've put excitement into my life that I never thought was possible.  I look forward to every new day rather than be intimidated by it. 

You're my beautiful lover, my best friend, my confidant.  You're my inspiration, my mentor and the one person who tenderly holds my heart.  Gifts might be a little light this year but the one gift I can give you each and every day is my love and devotion.

Happy Birthday, honey!  I love you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment