Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 149: "Date Night"


I don't know if it's an age thing or maybe I'm just incredibly boring but my idea of "date night" is actually "date day".  Forget the outrageous night clubs with the loud music, surrounded by obnoxious drunk people.  Give me the quite serenity of the small mountain town.  Today Julie and I headed up to Evergreen, just the two of us.  It was our little opportunity to get away from it all, just enjoying each other's company, leaving all the worries and what not behind for an afternoon.  What a gorgeous day it turned out to be!  Found this amazing park, Alderfer/Three Sisters, had a picnic lunch and then went on a hike through some gorgeous Colorado country side.  As much as we love Westminster and the amazing people we've met since we've been here, I think we're pretty much set that we're going to move to Evergreen, hopefully in the not too distant future.  Just the right distance from the big city and airport but not so remote that we'd be miles from the next living soul.  Some of the neighborhoods we drove through, all nestled up in the evergreens and aspens, were so quaint and so quite.  I could definitely see us living up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment