Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 137: Home!


Yeah, finally made it home!  I love going on trips, especially if it's to see family and friends but there's nothing like coming home.  Although there was no fanfare, no playing of "Hail to the Chief" as we rolled into town on fumes, after 2,200 miles on the road, it was great to be back in our neighborhood.  The welcoming committee we did receive (Sophie, Belle and Roscoe) was more than enough to raise our tired bodies and spirit. 

What is it about coming home?  The contentment that only comes from the familiarity of your humble abode.  It's not to say we have one of those Good Housekeeping style homes but it's definitely perfect for us, in it's own quirky way.  The obnoxiously loud dryer.  The crooked doors that close by themselves.  The creaking floors.  The oven and dishwasher that fight for the same door space.  And there's our babies, our yappy little mutts and my goofy girl, Sophie?  It's great to be back in my familiar, ratty recliner and I have to admit I felt a tremendous rush of contentment walking into my man cave. 

I love my family dearly and it's sad when a trip has to come to an end and there are the difficult goodbye's but it wonderful to finally be home, surrounded by all our creature comforts.  Here's hoping we're home for a while!  Now, back to the salt mines.   

Photo:  We took this in the town of Green River, Wyoming.  Lots of old vehicles and rusty old farm equipment all over Wyoming, Utah and Nevada.  More photos to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment