Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 136: More antiques

I know I've posted/blogged on this before but wanted to share these.  I think antique shops are slowly becoming one of my favorite places to take pictures.  Besides finding some amazing treasures, the history major in me likes to think of what these trinkets must have experienced over the years.  Maybe that sowing machine was used to make someone's wedding dress.  What pictures did those old cameras capture?  We found an old picture of a bride and groom dating back to the early 1900s.  It occurred to me that it's very possible the family doesn't even have pictures of this couple yet I'm standing in an antique shop looking at a wedding photo.  Who played with that toy train set?  Who wore those old shoes?  What action did that old military radio see?  I doubt any of my possessions would make it to an antique shop but I can tell you most everything I have has a  history of some kind.  Guess I"m just sentimental or maybe I'm just a pack rat.








No comments:

Post a Comment