Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 142: The human cocktail...

The day after the half marathon I had the misfortune of sharing my aches and pains with my trainer who proceeded to tell me to "take an ice bath!"  Like back in my old Army days, I blindly followed her order.  I don't know why I listen to that woman.  Ok, so I figured, yeah, it'll be cold but it'll be good for my sore muscles and besides, I'm a tough guy.  Well, here's an idea of how tough I am.  The following is a narrative of what I said as I gingerly lowered my caboose into the icy deep.

"Holy rolly polly somoly, finger lickin', fraggle rockin', sum o bitchy ta ta suck a langer, ochie saka torie, yama lama ding dong, fungu bitcher roo, yo mama obama whack-a-doodle dandy, acha acha sing a song of six pencil dick dong dangy, holy mother of Moses, mo mo bedazzle my razel and a unga bonga binga and a binga banga bunga!!"

So, ice baths are off the menu.  Not digging the ice cubes making there way to my nether yea yeah and holy cow, talk about "frightened turtle"!  But I will say my hamstrings are feeling a bit better.  Think I'll stick with the ibuprofen, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment