Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 131: Road Trip!





We are on the road this week!  Taking a trip to see the parental units in Minden, NV.  Wow, first day was a long one, 751 miles from Westminster, CO to "beautiful" Elko, NV.  Hey, I know, it's home to someone.  Left at O' dark 30 and managed to roll into town before 4:00.

Gotta admit, I love road trips.  I think I was a trucker in a previous life.  Love getting up super early, coffee in hand, favorite tunes playin' and having the road all to myself.  I think my fondness of long drives goes way back to my childhood when we made several cross country trips as part of my dad's military assignments.  Had a lot of great memories traveling with my family but probably the best parts were getting up early with my dad, loading up the car, going to the registration counter to go through the rolodex of destinations and miles.  I guess it was my alone time with him, just us two men planning out the next trek of our journey.  Now it's me and Julie.  I love taking trips with her, just the two of us, no dogs!  Don't get me wrong, we've had some fun trips with our girls and I do cherish those times.  I think traveling with Julie kinda brings me back to our first trip together to Lake Arrowhead and then our honeymoon all along the coast highway, through Big Sur and Cambria.  With life being so hectic, it really love our time alone together.

So, short blog.  I"m tired and I've got a cocktail with my name on it.  Accommodations are fine.  Can't really go wrong with Hilton.  I will say our view leaves a lot to be desired but I guess it beats overlooking a crack house.  Next stop, mom and dad.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment