Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 275: Good morning, Yanks!

First full day in the UK!  And I get to spend it in a conference room.  Ok, I'm not complaining...too much.  I got some time down in London town yesterday albeit I was jet-lagged as hell but London on a bad day is better than a good day at work.  I knew the weather called for rain but given the last couple of years in Colorado the definition of "rain" is usually a couple minutes of sprinkles, I didn't pack for the down pour I'm witnessing outside my hotel window right now.  Not a real big deal considering I'll be in meetings all day but I was thinking about going for a morning run and even though I enjoy running in the rain, a down pour is another matter.  Oh well, the Marriott has an awesome gym so I took advantage of that this morning. 


I will say our brothers and sisters across the pond are not much different than us.  Based on the TV shows they have over here they're just as much wired into reality trash, talk shows and assorted TV dramas.  When I talk to the locals I'm still expecting them to speak some other language.  I guess the accent throws me sometimes.  I tried speaking with an accent.  Didn't go over as well with the locals as I had hoped.  Oh well, I guess our sense of humor isn't exactly aligned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment