Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 304: A grateful day...

I am...

Grateful that my friends along the east coast are weathering the storm of Hurricane Sandy.  Grateful that cooler heads are starting to prevail in regards to the family drama that's been playing out the last few months in California.  Grateful to have received an exceptionally kind gesture from a very unlikely source.  Grateful that I'm getting better at seeing the good rather than the bad.  Grateful that there's still a job waiting for me each morning.  Grateful I still have a choice, even though this whole election thing is driving me nuts.  Grateful that for some reason my big dog loves me unconditionally (or maybe it's just for the food).  Grateful for my faith, that I still retain a sense of hope even though things can look bleak.  Grateful that I'm surrounded by so many wonderful, inspirational people, whether in person or virtual, who remain constant examples of the type of person I aspire to be. Grateful that someone actually reads this blog and views my photos.  Grateful that I still have my wits even if they weren't all that sharp to begin with.  Grateful I can still feel the physical exhilaration of taxing my body to its limits.  Grateful that I can still enjoy all my creature comforts (sourdough, wine, dark chocolate).  Grateful for my identity (husband, father, son, brother, friend, runner, snowboarder, BRAT!). 

And most importantly, I'm grateful for all of life's experiences that have led me to this very moment in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment