Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 301: Brrrrr....

Wow, sure feels like winter today.  Oh no, I'm not complaining.  I'm totally Jonesing for snow, at least up in the mountains.  I've been on travel for most of the past two weeks so I really wanted to stay close to home and family this weekend.  A ton of my 14er friends were all making their way to Quandary Peak this morning.  It would've been fun to hang out with the crowd but it's nice hanging out in my own 'hood.  I got up early this morning with Julie who's starting a new job.  I decided to take Sophie out on a long overdue hike.  Well, it was a lot colder this morning than I was expecting or prepared for.  I stopped near the turn off for Eldorado to try and get some panos of the Flatirons.  While I stood there freezing, waiting for the sun to be just right, Sophie raced up and down the fields of snow, diving head first using here big 'ol melon head to plow through the snow.  After getting a few shots we loaded back into the car and made our way over to the NCAR facility.  Instead heading up into the mountains I thought it might be a bit safer, for me, if we walked along the paths circling the facility rather than scrambling over ice covered boulders.  I'm sure Sophie would've been fine but yours truly probably would've face-planted on some rocks.  It was great getting out with my girl.  Seems like forever since we last hiked.  Sophie is always so much fun.  Loves to get out and run but always keeps an eye on me and never strays very far.  Right now she's crashed in my office as I sit here writing this entry and processing photos.  A great way to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment