Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 277: Another good day...


When we wrapped up our meetings yesterday I decided I'd lace up my running shoes and head out into the UK country side to get a little exercise but mostly to get out and experience my surroundings.  I left the hotel and made my way back to the Windsor castle.  All tolled the round trip run was about eight miles.  Didn't break any records.  No, this was all about taking my time and being aware of everything around me.  It's funny, I know that from time to time I take for granted that I live in a beautiful state like Colorado and as I was running (ok, jogging) yesterday, I could tell by the locals I past they were more interested in getting some where rather than enjoying where they were.  Certainly not a judgement.  Kids were being picked up from school.  Folks were running to convenience stores to get stuff for dinner.  Business men were heading into pubs to celebrate another day of keeping their jobs. Life was just playing itself out as it does in any town in any part of the world.  But I was lucky.  I was able to put aside the day's work and tomorrow's stresses and enjoy the easy shuffle through the little villages and towns leading to Windsor castle.  As they are at home, the leaves here are changing and falling.  There was a cool dampness in the air that felt great on my face as I jogged along the small foot paths.  Crossing streets still kinda freaks me out.  I'm pretty sure that by the time I get use to first looking left I'll be heading home to Colorado and will get plowed by an F150 coming in the "opposite" direction.  Bloody American drivers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment