Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 176: Thrive...

Amazing how in harsh conditions life still manages to thrive.  I haven't tended to the front garden as much as I should but these little babies seem to be doing just fine on their own.  Amazing what nature (and humans) can do when placed in difficult situations.  My heart breaks for the folks who are suffering through the wildfires here in Colorado.  And our firefighters are putting on a Herculean effort to bring things under control.  I recall looking at the mountain sides, driving along I70, when we moved here three years ago.  Seeing all those dead and decaying forests, in the back of my mind I was thinking, "Wow, one spark and the whole thing will go up."  As much as you hate to think it you know it's nature's version of spring cleaning.  I just hate to see others suffer for it.  I guess it's a price we pay to live in such splendor.  But life, as always, will find a way.  All things are born again and a new splendor will be emerge in it's place before long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment