Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 162: Quiet time...



Not a lot to talk about today.  This morning I took Sophie out on an early hike up above Boulder around Flagstaff Summit and Artist Point.  I brought my camera and did snap a few pictures but this morning was really just quiet time for me and my hiking buddy.  I found myself just taking in the sights and sounds of nature.  No one was around.  No car sounds.  No chatter from other hikers.  Just a few deer and squirrels scurrying about.  There's something about the smell of the pines, the sound of gravel crunching under your boots and the rhythmic panting of your dog that just brings about a level of peace and serenity that is seldom experienced in our daily lives.  I really consider myself blessed that I can find such peace and quiet so close to home.  The early morning hours are such a perfect time to be alone with your thoughts and prayers.  Your senses are so keen, able to take in so much around you that you'd otherwise overlook through the latter parts of the day.  I truly hope that I'll be able to do this when I'm long in the tooth and short of breath.  Just wish my Sophie could live forever.  Or at least out live me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment