Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 155: Little Johnny Whiner...



I guess it's becoming pretty obvious that my blog is kinda turning into my confessional.  I've shared things about myself with you all that I would otherwise not share with some of my closest friends.  Hell, by the time this thing wraps up in December I'll be admitting to the Lindbergh kidnapping and that I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll.  Today's confession.... I'm a colossal whiner.  Now I know, a lot of you are saying, "hey, tell me something I don't know."  That's fine.  But today I need to confess it to you all.  What's that saying?  "Your first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem."  Well here's my first step.


I'm really a lazy SOB.  Any thought of any work on my days off is damn near repulsive to me.  "Why do I have to fix the faucet?  I don't want to clean out the garage.  Why do we have to go shopping?  I don't want to work out in the yard.  Why do we have to do anything???"  Folks I could go on forever.  I don't know what it is.  When it comes to the seven deadly sins, I've cornered the market on sloth.  Hey, if you're gonna do something, might as well do it right.

So, this weekend the whining was at an all time high.  Julie wanted to put in some lattice around the side deck of the house to provide a little more privacy when sun bathing.  Hey, I don't sunbathe so why should I care.  But I had to hold true to my mantra, "Happy wife, happy life."  So off to Home Depot we went.  Long story short, a couple trips to Home Depot, some money from our garage sale haul, some spilled blood and a plethora of colorful metaphors later, we have a privacy deck.  It was actually fun, just the two of us creating something special.  Now all you wood working friends, don't get all super critical on me.  Yeah, this was an amateur job, blah blah blah.  Don't need to get a critique on my non-woodworking skills.  But my ladies now have a place to lay out, sans clothing if they will, with some assurance that they won't end up on the internet under "Suburban Chicks Gone Wild".

So my day is done.  Got a cold Hofbrau in my hand and a recliner that's calling my name.  Time to go fall asleep to a movie.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment