Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 171: Lazy dog days...




After a couple days of hiking and exploring I think we're all going to take an easy day today.  Out of the five of us only Sophie is ready to go hit the mountains.  Looking out the window I will say it's pretty tempting to want to go hike up the 13er.  I think when we come back in September I'll take Sophie up there.

The two little ones, Roscoe and Belle, would be very content lounging around the room eating and sleeping all day.  This is the most exercise Belle has gotten in a long time.  I know she's digging all the sights and smells but the trail hiking and going up and down several flights of stairs just to go to the bathroom is definitely not on her list of favorite things to do.  I guess you could say this is like her Fat Camp.  Roscoe, on the other hand, doesn't need exercise.  He's so high strung he burns calories worrying over whether or not Julie will come out of the bathroom.

Well, looks like it's time for another cup of coffee.  The dogs have pretty much taken over this bed.  You ought to see the "stink eye" they give me when I get up.  How could I be so insensitive, disturbing their sleep just because I want more coffee?  Boy, it's a real struggle trying to maintain the "Pack Leader" title in this family....

No comments:

Post a Comment