Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 161: Bitch, thy name is Karma

Ever do something out of anger and the moment you did it you realize "Oh, crap!  I wish I hadn't done that!"?  Well, forgive me, Father, for I have sinned, again. 

This morning we got up early to get going on some yard work before the sweltering heat set it.  (What the hell, are we in Texas?).  Any way, after running up to Ace to get some supplies, planting a tree and a bush, it was time to mow the lawn.  Keep in mind, Mr. Cranky Pants was in all his full glory by now.  I did my best to keep my wits in check as the swarm of gnats enveloped me.  Apparently my Jihad on those buggers a couple of weeks ago didn't take.  They must hide out in a labyrinth of tunnels under my yard, just waiting for me to venture out onto the grass.  So I'm mowing the lawn, blowing and spitting gnats away from my face when all of a sudden what do I find?  A frickin' "tootsie roll", aka dog turd.  Now keep in mind I did a full scale, military style sweep of the yard before I started mowing but somehow one of my little rat dogs managed to plant this lovely, little landmine in the path of my mower. 

Well, that was the straw that broke the camels back.  Without letting go of the throttle, I uttered one of my favorite colorful metaphors, bent down and (with gloves on), flick this doggie dung off to the side of the yard.  Unfortunately I was a bit more angry about this then I had realized because I didn't just flick it off the grass.  With my superhuman strength I managed to launch this turd up and over the fence into my neighbors yard.  SHIT!  Honestly it wouldn't have been all that bad considering nearly all my neighbors have dogs and it would've fit right in with the rest of the poo.  But this particular neighbor has no dogs and as a matter of fact, their entire back yard is one big slab of concrete.  It's kinda hard to hide a turd on concrete. 

Needless to say I wrapped up my mowing with the speed of an Olympic sprinter and bolted for the front yard to finish up my man chores.  No sooner did I start the mower that I notice a nice pile of poo in my front yard.  What the hell!?  But before I could even entertain the idea of being wronged by the cosmos it occurred to me that Karma counter-punched me with swift vengeance.  She wasted no time in correcting this imbalance brought on by my carelessness in the back yard.  Hey, I had it coming.  Call it "Tit for Turd" I guess.  With unusual calm and serenity I got my little bucket and hand shovel and removed the doggy deposit and continued on with my chores. 

Wow, amazing how quickly somethings can come back to bite you.  Here's hoping me and Karma are square now. 

Note:  Yeah, not one of my better pictures but it's appropriate for the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment