Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3: Things I learned from my dog...



Last night as I headed off to bed I immediately began to think about having to go back to work the next day. All the stresses I was able to put aside a few weeks ago all came rushing back.  But before I started to get all panic stricken, I started to think of ways I could keep some of this stress in check.  At that moment I happened to look over at my dog, Sophie, lying on the floor. 

Every night, Sophie's normal routine is to hop up on our bed and hang out with us for about 15 minutes.  Eventually she makes her way down to the floor in hopes of finding a nice, cool spot to fall asleep.  We recently rearranged some furniture in our room and Julie's vanity table now resides in the spot where Sophie usually sleeps.  What amazed me about last night was that she still managed to find comfort in a somewhat uncomfortable situation.  With her head crammed in between the wall and the table, she was soon fast asleep.  It occurred to me that I need to find comfort in the uncomfortable situations in my life.  When it comes to work I need to be a bit more adaptable and find some level of peace.  The same could be said for pretty much everything. 

It's no wonder Sophie's my best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment