Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11: It seemed like a good idea....



I wonder if anyone has done an experiment, to see if it's more likely to sustain greater injury from attempting to keep oneself from slipping on snow or to just give into gravity and see what breaks. We just got another nice snow fall and while I was out there (wearing crocs) I thought I'd try to clear some of the white stuff away before it accumulated too much. So much for bright ideas.

As one might guess a big heave of the shovel, while wearing crocs, is a recipe for disaster. As my feet gave way under me, I instinctively tried to regain my balance. I'm sure it had something to do with not wanting to get covered in snow. My attempts to keep myself upright could only be described as a dance move Elaine Benes would be proud of. "Seinfeld" fans will get the reference. The result was that I didn't completely face plant into the snow however my knuckles were saddled with the responsibility of keeping this old man from becoming a human lawn dart. For those of you that know me, expletives were a-plenty. Not from the pain but from the embarrassment. And keeping with family tradition, no chore can be accomplished without the requisite bleeding.

I’d like to say I learned a lesson here, such as, it’s ok to get covered in snow, you’ll eventually dry off. Or consider using actual shoes with treads when working on slippery surfaces. Folks, I’m here to tell you I’ll probably do this again, and STILL be surprised by the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment