Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28: Gratuity...



Nope, this little nugget didn't just fall out of my head.  This is my "gratuity rock".  The idea came from one of the contributors of "The Secret".  It's my little constant companion that reminds me every day to be grateful for the life I have and the opportunities that lay before me.  I've been carrying this thing for a little over three years now.  Almost lost it a few times but somehow it magically returns.  I do get weird looks from the TSA agents.  And yes, it even helps me to be grateful for those TSA folks that grope me through the security line.

I like it because it fits perfectly in my hand and it's easy to conceal in my pocket.  I can't tell you how many times I've been in a stressful situation and this little guy has come to my rescue.  Whether I'm having a very uncomfortable conversation with someone or having to endure a combative conference call with co-workers, I just nestle this thing between my fingers and thumb and think about the positives that can come out of my otherwise bad situation.  I'm sure my mom might say I'm just replacing my "bankie and bah bah" but this little guy is my reminder of my connection to Him and to the wonderful things and people I He has given me. 

So next time we're talking and it seems like I'm fiddling with my keys in my pocket, it could be I'm just reminding myself how grateful I am for you.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I carry a buckeye in my pocket for the same reasons. :}

    ReplyDelete