Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 350: Sounds over silence...

My first day visiting with my Sam was spent doing what that kid does best - shopping!! I was all set to rant rave about all the shuffling and meanderings we did through the countless stores, the mind numbing indecisiveness, the asked for opinions that preceded the ignored suggestions, the "charming" sales people, the sweat box stores, the long lines and the parking that was like a game of Tetris with cars. Nope, wasn't going to get into all that. Yes, you dodged a BIG bullet there.

The horrific events that played out yesterday in a small town in Connecticut weighed heavily on my heart and mind throughout the day. All those things that would've driven me insane yesterday were just glorious reminders of how truly special my time with Samantha is. Since she was a small child we've done so much together and I can't begin to imagine a life without those memories. I think of those children who will never create their own memories and the parents who'll never know all the joys and blessings of seeing and experiencing life through their children's eyes.

I know there's nothing I can do to right this horrible wrong and it pains me, as it probably does many of you, to struggle through this sense of helplessness. But I do know that I can love a whole lot more, I can give a whole lot more, and I can show and feel gratitude SOOO much more for life's blessings that come to me through my family.

So yesterday as we sat at Red Robin having a late afternoon snack it actually warmed my heart to hear the screeching and wailing of kids bantering through topics such as not having enough fries, that someone took their crayons, or that they wanted extra cherries on their shake. I thought how wonderful to enjoy the sounds of children than to experience the agonizing silence that now grips a small Connecticut town.

For you dear children who are with us no more, be content in God's embrace, know that you will once again be reunited with your family in Heaven and that the joyful memories of you will burn bright in the hearts of your parents so in time it will help ease the suffering of missing you.

God's blessings on us all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment