Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 343: Dearest friends....

Talk about getting re-energized! It was a short business trip and most definitely the highlight of this excursion was seeing Jane and Darryl. Friends from a time long ago but family for life. Contrary to what you might think our conversations don't center around memories of Heidelberg but we will share a few of those. I suspect if that's all we shared our friendship wouldn't be as enduring. No, our chats center on life's little adventures and challenges and always filled with good humor. Even the heavy topics will include a giggle or two. Don't know why. Guess that's just who we are. Or maybe it's just a defense mechanism for coping with the hard stuff. Gotta love "Brats".

So I'm heading home now and can't wait to see my Julie and Sophie. Just a few more days of work and I'm off for the rest of the year. So looking forward to the holidays and time alone with my girls. Here's hoping Jane and Darryl make it to Colorado next year. I so want them to meet Julie. But until then I'll keep them in my social media circle and more importantly my heart.

I love you guys beyond words.

PS - Dear Santa, for Christmas please give Darryl a GPS device. WAY too many left hand turns. Hey at least I got to see where Joe Biden lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment