Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 349: Little tikes...

I can't think of a better way to start my Christmas vacation than to be flying out to see my Sam. If only Julie and Nicole could join me.

You know, children are nothing more than God's blessings on our lives although there are times it feels more like a curse.
Even if you don't have children of your own, you were once a child yourself and were/are very much a blessing to your parents.   And contrary to popular beliefs, our parents weren't born at the age of 32. They were once crazy little kids as well, dancing on the hearts and nerves of their parents. And through the generations it has been the same, God showering mankind with little angels that occupy our hearts and souls. Lets face it, we probably haven't laughed as much or loved as much as we do with our children.

My little tike is no longer little, nor a tike.  She's all grown up, living on her own in Portland, sharing a life with THE man of her dreams. I know some of my friends have kids around 6 to 8 years old.  I know at times they'd wish they would grow up a little bit quicker, be a little more self-sufficient.  Hell, just learn how to stay off dad's last nerve would be nice.   But these times are short lived and even though it seems they are constantly under foot, before you know it you'll be starving for just a quick phone call or two. Ok, cue "Cats in the Cradle"....

I know my folks do a lot of "remember when's" about my sisters and me and I'll be honest I do a bit of that myself, especially this time of year.  We all grow up and move out, leaving our parents with memories they try desperately hard not to lose to age and time and it's the same for me now.   I've got a library full of memories of my little angel and this trip will create all new ones. I do love my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment