Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 337: Just what the Doctor ordered...


It's been a pretty hectic week that moved along at a snail's pace.  The next two weeks are going to be just as busy before I'm off for the remainder of the year where I get to enjoy my family and some quiet time as well as throwing in a few days for snowboarding.  Today was a nice break to get away with my Sophie and venture out on some trails we haven't done yet.  Would've been a complete morning if my Julie was there but alas she had to work.  I've been wanting to do Gregory Canyon Trail for some time and today seemed as good as any to check it out.  Not a really difficult or long hike.  It's pretty much straight up and straight down but there are a number of outcroppings of boulders and rocks that provide a tremendous view back down the canyon towards Boulder.  And given the number of bare trees I suspect it looks absolutely gorgeous during the Fall.  Was thinking if there was anyone ambitious enough it would make for a great portrait location, at least for the outdoorsy types.  But this morning was just Sophie and me.  Nice quiet hike with only a few eagles screeching overhead.  Oh, and no bears.  Always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment