Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 99: Much needed day...


Ever have one of those days where everything seemed to be so perfect?  And not just one or two things, but practically everything, from the moment you woke up until it was time for dinner and then off to bed.  Well, as I'm writing this dinner is yet to come but so far it's been a spectacular day. 

Julie and I got up well before the crack of dawn to go take pictures of the moon setting over the Rockies.  Even though it was pretty chilly and we weren't 100% sure where we should set up, we managed to find a nice little spot along the side of the road by Marshall Mesa park.  A gorgeous morning that saw the moon set atop of the Rockies to the West while at the same time the sun rose at our backs to the east.  We then treated ourselves to a nice breakfast at IHOP.  I can't begin to say how much I enjoyed that.  Something about IHOP and my childhood.  Oh, funny note.  While at breakfast we noticed an elderly couple coming in.  They moved rather slowly to their table but all the while still holding hands.  Julie kidded that that will be us some day.  I began to think "that's us NOW."  Here we are, "youngsters", sitting among several elderly couples.  Guess that's what happens when you turn 50. 

After breakfast we came home, cleaned up, and then immediately headed out to see a VERY early matinee.  How's 9:20 AM for a showing?  I have to admit I loved it!  Practically had the whole theater to ourselves.  After the movie we came back home.  Julie started working on the pictures she took and I decided to go for a run (prepping for a half marathon next month).  The rest of the afternoon is dedicated to lazy, a nice barbeque and then a couple of our favorite shows before we call it a day. 

It really was/is a perfect day.  Mainly because I got to spend most of it with my best friend.  We get so busy in our lives that it's easy to drift at times.  But it's days like today that reminds me how incredibly blessed I am to have such a beautiful and loving wife.  I can't imagine life any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment