Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 116: "Roll with the changes..."


"So, if you're tired of the same old story, oh, baby, turn some pages
I will be here when you are ready to roll with the changes, baby
Roll with the changes..."

REO Speedwagon

So what's your inspirational song?  You know, the one that has a line or two of lyrics that inspire you to move beyond your current, crappy situation.  I've got quite a few songs that fit that bill for me.  This particular one helped me through a REALLY crappy relationship early in my college days.  You know, when you're in those bad situations and everything seems to be caving in on you.  No matter what pep talk I got from friends or family, I just couldn't seem to pull myself out of that cesspool that was my life at the time.  But along comes a song that for some reason just clicks.  It was a little nugget of advice I was desperately looking for.  It's was that catalyst I needed to make that change, to "turn the pages", to put my life back on track.  I had rediscovered my self-esteem and inner strength.  

I'm sure you all have something similar.  And you know, you don't have to wait for life to turn on you.  Fire up that song now and then.  Give yourself that gentle reminder how great you are!  Don't wait around for someone to affirm you.  Just look in the mirror and say "Yeah, I'm good."

No comments:

Post a Comment