Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 110: The End...


No don't worry, I'm not closing out my blog.  I know, I have SOOOOO many fans that I might cause a mass suicide if I were to shut this down.  It's ok, kids, I'm still here.

Nope, just gonna comment on the fact I just finished the third book in an amazing trilogy.  I'm sure most of you have heard of the book, now movie, "The Hunger Games".  There is also "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay".  Now I'll say right here and now I'm NOT taking any shit from any of you the way I did over the Twilight series.  No need for explanations, no arguments.  Let's just say we shall not speak of that again.

But "The Hunger Games", if you haven't read it, do so.  The movie is very good, too, but not 100% on par with the book.  Yeah, there are some moody, love struck teenagers but there's also plenty of blood, guts and warrior gore that it should draw a decent male following. 

I finished the third book on my way home today from Boston and right now I'm in the throws of post-book depression.  Don't you hate it when you're reading a really excellent book, so captivating that you can't put it down, that you start to realize you're coming to the end and you're SOOOOO wishing the story would go on?  Now we've all labored through those other books, where the plot line takes forever to evolve and when it finally climaxes you're like "that's it?"  Come on, women, you know what I'm talking about!  ;-)  I can just hear the author say, "so, was it good for you too?"  Oh yeah, baby!  (Extreme eye roll....)  You find yourself quickly picking up a trash magazine or owners manual to the microwave or anything, something, just to get a sense of gratification.  But the "Hunger Games" books were very entertaining and certainly paid off with a big finish.  And we ALL love a big finish.  Wink!

So now I'm in search of another good book.  What to read, what to read???

1 comment:

  1. Nick read the series. I'm not going to give you crap for it. In fact, I'm outing myself for admitting that I read your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete