Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 107: McFatty

Like many of you I've grown up on McDonalds. The joy that comes from an order of fries cannot be put into words. It's marked the times, at least in my life. As a little kid living in Hawaii, bursting with excitement when my folks would say, "We're going to McDonald's!" There was the college years when I lived off of quarter pounds with cheese, large fries and a chocolate shake. I was introduced to my first chicken nuggets when stationed in Germany. "Ich mochte nuen stuk McNugget, bitte". But we all know the shine is off the famous golden arches these days.

When the big health craze hit the nation, McDonald's was right in the crosshairs. The documentary "Super Size Me" exposed the fatty underbelly of a maniacal secret society bent on lulling the masses into a carbo loaded, preservative induced stupor. But after all the scandal and bad press, one would have thought that the council of evil would have seen the error of their ways and embraced a kinder, slimmer agenda. Not so! This morning while waiting for my flight I decided to get a coffee and McMuffin to hold me over until I make my way to Boston. After placing my order, the teller of death informs me that if I add an order of hash browns my order would actually be CHEAPER! What the hell!? Gone are the days of appealing to our greed for more (ie Super Size). Now they attack us where it hurts, our wallets! The genius of their evil is beyond measure. In these hard economic times we have no defense against this attack to our midlines. Something must be done to stop the madness!

I might have a way to stop them. But first, let me finish my hash browns and I'll get back to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment