Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 108: Wilderness


I love my Colorado.  The mountains are beyond compare.  Ok, the German/Austrian Alps are pretty awesome, but living in Colorado, not far from Boulder, I love being so close to nature.  But there is something very alluring about the landscape around Boston.  There are more forests than towns.  Virginia is pretty similar but today I'm talking about New England.  Today I had to go from one company facility to another and was told to avoid the highway, given the rush hour traffic.  I took surface streets and was amazed to see so much natural landscape.  So rustic and beautiful.  It's almost as if a company of Red Coats or Militia will come popping out from behind a natural rock wall.  I've been so tempted to just start wandering through the woods, walking among the ghosts of history past.  Of course it also looks like the kind of place a serial killer will bury his victims.  Sorry, didn't been to put a harsh on your buzz but it did cross my mind.  Probably a good idea I just get back in my car....

No comments:

Post a Comment