Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 105: This too shall pass...


I envy those people that always seem to have such a balanced nature.  Nothing ever seems to get them riled up.  No matter what bad thing may befall them they just have that "oh well" attitude.  Like water off a ducks back or in this case a little waterfall along the Big Dry Creek trail.  I snapped this one during my run today (it gave me an excuse to try and stretch out my knotted up hamstring).

I'd like to think that I've gotten better with age, as far as letting things go.  I don't wake up in the middle of the night  from panic attacks like I use to.  And for the most part there's not a lot that gets to me.  But ask my daughter and she'll say I get pissy about the little things - other people's inability to drive, or the clown that uses a checkbook at the express checkout.  I think the key is putting the other person first.  Before I go off the handle about something someone may have done to me, try to imagine what may have motivated them to do it in the first place.   If I were a bettin' man I'd say that most of the time what ever wrong that was done to me wasn't motivated by me.  Trust me, there have been plenty of times that I've been a raging A-hole and the reason why had nothing to do with the person that had to face my wrath.

So just let it flow.  Whatever irritates you now will soon be long gone.  And remember, you'll be irritating someone as well and that too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment