Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 102: Anticipation

There's a reason I don't gamble. I suck at being able to correctly anticipate the outcome of an event. I mean SUCK on an epic scale. Like James Cameron's Titanic and Avatar combined production suckness. If I think something will go bad, it generally turns out ok. Conversely if I think something will go well, it fails miserably.
Now anticipation can be a good and necessary thing. It forces you to focus and prepare. But when anticipation morphs itself into expectation, you are SOOO setting yourself up for disappointment. For me I usually miss the point when one turns into the other and it's like getting hit with a sucker punch.
What I need to do is be more cognizant of anticipation and watch that I don't let emotions get the better part of me. I've got that new tattoo that should be a reminder that "faith" is what I should embrace. Faith that all things will work out. It's the best preparation one can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment