Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 238: And flip...

Today marked an interesting twist in our photography business.  For the first time ever I was the primary shooter on a job.  Yep, me, Mr. MFIC for a day.  This time Julie was the lovely assistant and I was the temperamental artist.  A bit nervous?  You betcha.  As I've told you before my subjects all tend to be inanimate objects or an occasional, non-aggressive animal.  Almost never by design do I go out shooting actual, breathing, talking people but this time I got the opportunity to shoot the creative geniuses behind Chantilly Lace Back Shop.  If you recall a few blogs back I've displayed some of their decadent treats.  You should especially go back and look at the ones I had on my birthday.  AWESOME!!!

Chantel and Christina were absolute sweethearts and pretty much did whatever we asked them to.  Won't go into the details now but suffice it to say there was a bit of a mess to clean up after we finished.  Wasn't all that bad being the primary shooter, giving directions and all.  Of course it was great having Julie there to keep tabs on all the details - fly away hair, crooked necklace, wardrobe malfunctions and providing suggestions.  She actually did a pretty decent job as the assistant but she still needs a little work with the sherpa duties.  The primary shooter NEVER carries the tripod, reflectors, props or camera bag nor worries about the setup and tear down of a session.  She'll learn (assuming I get another chance at this).  I think we make a pretty good team no matter who's running the show.  It was a great session and much thanks to Chantel and Christina and their friends who let us use and mess up their kitchen.

Now, it's off to post production!  Hey, where's my assistant??  

No comments:

Post a Comment