Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 226: My Sisters...

It was under unfortunate circumstances that I got to see my sister Suzanne this past week.  Fortunately all things turned out well with my niece, Hannah, and we all finally managed to spend an enjoyable and relaxing evening together.  If only my oldest sister Stephanie were here, the visit would've been complete. This quick visit made me realize how much I miss my sisters. 

These days we're all scattered about between Montana, California and Colorado.  But when we were kids, living the lives of Army brats, it was pretty much just us.  It's been a rare occasion since the day we left Germany together that the three of us have been together.  The last time was during our parents 50th wedding anniversary in Carmel several years back.  I think one of the fondest memories of that trip was when the three of us and our spouses went to the only bar, heck, the only establishment in Carmel that was open past 9:00.  Haven't laughed like that in a long time.  Just makes me wish even more that we all lived closer to each other. 

Even though we don't chat much I hope my sisters know how much they mean to me and that they are always in my heart.  I'd never be the person I am today without them.  I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment