Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 225: Generosity...

Funny how at the moment I start to lose faith in humanity, humans throw me a curve ball.  As you know it's been a rather difficult week for my family.  Julie is in California with her father who is really struggling with his recovery from surgery.  My niece was flown down here from Montana for blood clots in her legs.  For the past month I've pretty much lived a bachelors life, feasting on mac n cheese and turkey sandwiches.  My neighbors across the way have been keeping tabs on me and are well aware of my situation.  Yesterday while I was out mowing my lawn, in between hospital visits, Steve and Debbie came over with a homemade lasagna dinner complete with fresh salad and bread.  It was an incredibly sweet and generous gift.  We're expecting my niece to be released today and it looks like tonight they're going to have a home cooked meal thanks to two very wonderful people. 

I can't begin to describe how grateful I am for their generosity.  I'm sure to them it was no big deal but to me it means everything.  More than just a great meal, it's a reminder that compassionate people still do exist and it's also a lesson that the one true way to prevent the extinction of compassion in our society, I must be compassionate myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment