Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 232: Where's the coffee?

I'm sore, I'm tired and I'm up too damn early.  Instead of a lazy day on my recliner watching movies, I'll be busy helping my youngest move back into the house, along with her dog and cat.  Might as well call me Noah.  I've got the animals.  Now all I need is the ark. 

And so it goes.  Life is still great.  If it weren't for the challenges, the rewards would mean nothing.  There's an old Chinese proverb, "May you live in interesting times."  It's also considered a curse.  I guess that's because "interesting times" could mean having to experience difficulties in life.  I, for one, am not a big fan of hardships but I know my greatest life lessons all came from hardships, in one form or another.  I drive along the freeway and see that huge Powerball sign and sigh, "Ah, if only I won the lottery".  Sure life would be a hell of a lot easier but I know deep down that if I had no burdens at all in my life, I wouldn't really be living.  As much as I tread the obstacles I face, I am thankful for them.  Because with every obstacle, you go in as one person and you come out as another.  You may not think so, but every obstacle is an opportunity for growth.  And I'm growin' like a weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment