Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 215: Live and let live, sorta...

Ok folks, I'm just a little more confused than usual.  What the hell is going on with this Chick-fil-A and gays?  I'll be honest it's a pretty insignificant blip on my radar but apparently, if Facebook is any indication, the entire country is consumed by gay chickens or something like that.  Someone is in favor or against gays or gay marriage or gays eating chicken or gay chickens eating people.  I don't know.  But why the hell should I care?  I like my grilled chicken sandwiches but I don't think my being straight has any bearing on the quality of the sandwich.  Maybe if I sprinkled glitter on it.  I don't know.  What's the big fuss?

Wasn't it the late, great Rodney King who said "Can't we all just get along?"  I mean why aren't we throwing a fit over the fact that cows are endorsing a global genocide against chickens.  Haven't you seen the commercials?  Nobody seems too excited about that.  But MSN reports that there was a "firestorm" of complaints by viewers who happened to witness the "Free Willy" during the women's water polo match where a microsecond of boob-age was televised by NBC.  Hey, it wasn't like it was Christina Hendricks doing a full frontal.  Why make such a big stink?  During a live telecast, which is what everyone wants, a little more skin than expected was captured on TV.  Do you REALLY think NBC planned that?  If they did (Seacrest), they would've telecast a naked towel fight between the synchronized diving teams in the men's locker room.  Oops!

I'm sorry folks but I really can't get too hyped up over this whole gay thing.  I'm just as repulsed by two men going at it as I am of that young hetero couple that's getting all Cinemax on the table next to mine.  "HEY, I'm eating here!!"  We all have our own belief system and whether all gays go to hell or spend eternity working a Vegas floor show it's not for me to judge.  Live and let live.  Be gay, be straight.  Personally I like and respect you for your character, not your lifestyle choices.  I believe we will all be judged according to our life's resume and being gay or straight is just one of a number of bullet points we have to answer to.  I don't know about you guys but God will be raising an eye brow over a number of things I've done in my life that have nothing to do with where I've parked Mr. Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment