Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 224: Morning run...

It's been a week of weeks.  For the most part I think my niece and father-in-law are out of the woods and are on the road to recovery.  It's been a tremendous blessing for our family.  With all the stress and anxiety of the week, I really needed to blow off some steam this morning. 



I went to a local track to incorporate some speed work into my training.  Keep in mind that "speed" is a relative term.  As I was attempting to sprint around the track there was a younger guy basically jogging around the outer lanes that stayed well out in front of me no matter how hard I pushed.  Hey, I've already accepted the fact that my "glory years" are behind me.  But there's still fuel in the tank and I managed to get in a pretty decent workout. 

But this morning was more than just working up a sweat running in circles.  It was some alone time for me to reflect on the events of this past week and in a somewhat disjointed way, say "thank you" to God for pulling my family through.  I say disjointed because I still struggle with what or how I should pray.  It seems no matter how I try to emulate the flowery words I hear at church, I find my prayers are more like a conversation with a friend.  Maybe that's how it should be.  Well, He is my best friend.  The one who always has my back.  Takes me at my worst. Always encourages me.  Sets the standards for how I should live my life.  He's patient, understanding and above all, loving.  Guess that's why I never feel alone. 

He's always there, just like He was this week.  For that and for all the blessings He's showered upon my life, I am eternally grateful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment