Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 85: New Beginnings

Another Spring like day today. Even though I woke up pretty sore and tired from yesterday's hike up Quandary I couldn't help wanting to get out and work on the yard. Ok, let me be honest. It was mostly Julie's doing but anyone that knows me knows I'm a complete pushover when it comes to a woman's charm. Just ask my wife or my daughters. It's my Kryptonite, I tell ya.

This little bugger I thought was a goner after this past winter. I think we got this sapling from one of the scouting programs as part of a donation, late last summer. Being the green thumb I'm not I left this poor guy in his little, purple container out in the cold and snow. Just a few weeks ago his little arms were all brown and spindly. Kinda like the the old gals of the OC. But to my surprise just a week ago little green buds started to appear. I guess you can say a little water and sun are like nature's Botox. In honor of this new beginning I upgraded his dwelling to a nice, big wine barrel, sans the wine. Johnny don't share wine. :-)

So here's to new beginnings and a bright future for all! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment