Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 68: Home Remedies..


I know lately I've been whining a bit over old age, stuff not working the way it should, taking days to recover from simple tasks.    My recent gripe is my lower back.  For the most part I'm ok if I'm constantly moving but once I stop, sit and then try to get moving again, I look like grumpy old man, trying to stand erect.  A different kind of "erect" problem, I might add.  I was told years ago by my doctor that I have this "degenerative condition" in my lower back and that eventually, regardless of what I do, I'll be looking like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Well, I guess that time might not be far off.  But with every ailment, there's always some can't miss remedy that will, at least temporarily, provide some relief.  Maybe not the best combo but we'll see if this does the trick.  I'm always open to suggestions....

1 comment:

  1. Getting old sucks...true, but the fact that when you ARE up and about, your body works for you. I have some lower back issues as well, due to two of my vertebras having not fused together at birth (spina bifida is the medical term). I have found that chiropractic visits vastly help, as well as, when I'm sitting or will be immobile for a while, resting a heat pack on my lower back helps. Maybe try the heat pack first (less expensive than the chiropractor option)...hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete