Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 83: Gear Up!!


Tomorrow morning I'm heading out to do my first 14er of the season - Quandry Peak!  Some of the feedback I've gotten from other experienced hikers is that this is an "easy" hike.  I won't be so bold to make that assumption.  Regardless if it's class 1 or class 4, any time you're above the timberline among God's great creations, you proceed with caution.  I'll have my camera at the ready so I'm hopeful to capture some interesting shots.  Not so ambitious that I would attempt this hike in the dark in order to get a nice sunrise picture.  Maybe next time.  I figure since this is my first time attempting Quandry I'd prefer to see where I'm going.

So I'll check and double check my gear.  Safe bet I'll still forget something.  I figure as long as I have food, water and my camera I can suffer through anything else.  I'll have the hot tub and cold brew waiting for me as part of my recovery when I get home. :-)

Wagooooons, HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment