Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 273: London calling...

I might be a little late for the Olympics but I'm heading to the UK today.  Ok, before you all shout in unison, "YOU SUCK!", I'm going on business and I'm actually not going to be all that close to London.  Looks like I'm going to be a bit closer to Heathrow airport but a few of us from work are planning on making our way into the city Sunday when we arrive.  Actually, given the time, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other areas surrounding London.  I've always felt the real charm and character of a country was found not in their big cities but towns and villages throughout the countryside.  Guess you could say it's the same here in the good old U.S of A.  Cities are fine and I have a few of my favorites like San Francisco and Munich, but most cities across the globe are like show cases for the traveler.  When you stop at a small town and talk to the local gentry you get a better and more authentic sense of the personality of that country.  You know France has a pretty bad rap for not being the most welcoming of countries and I kinda experienced that in Paris but in the small villages surrounding Bordeaux I found it to be quite the opposite and I think that's true for most countries.  So I'll have my camera at the ready and hopefully I'll capture something good.  Will do my best to keep up with the blog and postings on Facebook but I do have to remember this IS a business trip.  Wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment