Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 245: Blue Moon...

My Facebook friends have been posting some amazing photographs of the "Blue Moon" so I felt a little inspired to give it a shot myself.  Almost didn't think I'd get it.  Lots of clouds had rolled in and when I was all set to shoot, in came all those big puffy monsters that completely obscured the moon.  Decided to wait it out a bit and managed to capture this.  Now to be honest, this is a multiple exposure.  Had to first expose for the moon, which left everything else pitch black.  I then exposed for the sky and clouds which were beautifully illuminated by the moon.  Stitched them together with Photoshop to come up with this. 

Now is it just me but every time I hear folks talk about this "Blue Moon", I think of the song in "Grease".

No comments:

Post a Comment