Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54: Daddy's home!


This wasn't the longest business trip I've been on but it sure seemed like it.  Meetings were ok, not too much blood-letting.  There was definitely potential for things to get ugly at a couple points during the meetings but calmer heads prevailed.  The real highlight of the week was seeing my dear friends.  Oh heck, let's call a spade a spade.  They're family.  Jane and Darryl have known me from my high school days and AJ's been my "Big Bro" since the early '90s.  They are the ones that have seen the light and darkness of my life and yet still keep me close.  I honestly don't know what kind of life I would've had or what kind of person I would've become if I never experienced their friendship, their warmth, their humor and most importantly their love. 

But I'm home now, with my family.  My beautiful wife and my nutty dogs.  I've missed them so much.  As I walk out the Denver terminal I always look down at the TSA screening area and I actually feel for those people.  Sure, many are probably going home to their families but a great many of them are also leaving behind their loved ones, for one reason or another.  It makes me that much more anxious to get home to a familiar smile, a warm embrace and slobbery kisses.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment