Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 33: Bracing for the big one...



No, I'm not talking about a major bowel movement.  Looks like winter is going to finally make an appearance, and in a BIG way.  I guess today's photo will be the "Before" picture.  If we get over a foot of snow, as they're predicting, it may be a bit of a challenge to get the "After" pic.  Might have to pull out my snowshoes.

I've got to admit I'm looking forward to the big dump.  Again, I'm not referring to bathroom activities.  One of the biggest reasons I moved to Colorado was for the seasons.  Now is the time for cold and snow.  I still need to get in some snowshoeing but more importantly I'm looking for more days on the slopes.  I know many of my local friends are already starting to entertain thoughts of sun and sand.  My friends in So Cal are talking about 80 degree days already.  But I'm still diggin' the winter wonderland.  There will be plenty of time for the hot summer days full of camping, hiking and bbqs.  For now, I'll bundle up, keep that shovel handy and get my car ready for another trip up to Breck.  Who's with me??


No comments:

Post a Comment